The Single Parents program was introduced in the year 2010, with the purpose of providing assistance to single parents who are struggling financially. The objective of this program is to help the targeted children avoid poverty and to help them secure their basic needs with the aid of a government funded allowance.
1. ID card copies of the household occupants.
2. If the child is over 10 years of age and does not have a legal father, the birth certificate of the child.
3. Electricity bill copy of the household.
4. School attendance report copy of students going to school.
5. Letter from school stating that the child is a student at the school.
6. If the child is under 6 years of age, the child’s vaccine card copy.
7. Bank account statement for the past three months of the applicant.
8. If the applicant is divorced, copy of all the pages of the divorce certificate.
9. If the applicant is a male, a letter from court stating that he is unmarried.
10. If the husband/wife of the applicant is deceased, copy of their death certificate.
11. If the husband/wife of the applicant is deceased, copy of their marriage certificate.
12. If the husband/wife of the applicant is imprisoned, a letter from DPRS stating the length of their sentence.
13. Copy of the lease of the house.
Conditions for changes in eligibility criteria
1. Increase in the monthly income received by the applicant.
2. Marriage of the single mother/father.
3. The child getting married or getting a job.
4. The child becoming 18 years of age.
5. Death of the child or parent.
6. Decrease in attendance of the child below 80% without a reasonable explanation.
7. Change in guardianship of the child.
8. The child becoming a recipient for another government funded allowance.
9. Change of guardianship of the child to the government.
10. The imprisoned mother/father getting released from prison.
11. The child’s mother/father or parent bearing all expenses of the child.
12. Migration of the child and family to another island.
13. The applicant living in the same house as their ex-husband/wife.
14. The applicant becoming ineligible for the allowance.
Who can apply?
A single parent looking after a child of below 18 years and receiving an income lower than the income poverty line as stated in the policies of the agency.
Single Parent change in eligibility criteria form
For additional information please contact 3005353 or 1402.