The Foster Parent Allowance program is a targeted conditional cash transfer program implemented under the Social Protection Act (2/2014), providing financial support to vulnerable foster parents, so as to protect and improve the lives of foster children and provide them access to equal opportunities as other children in the society.
Eligible beneficiaries are paid a monthly allowance of MVR 1000 per foster child (below 18 years of age) and MVR 500 for guardian/foster parent
Applying for the Allowance
- To apply, fill the Foster Parent Application Form and submit the form along with the required documents to NSPA
- Application forms are available at NSPA’s counters and from island/atoll Councils. It can also be downloaded via NSPAs website.
- Where to submit the form:
- To NSPA Front Office (Ma. Dhonveli), during weekdays 8:00am to 2:00pm
- To NSPA Dispatch Counter at IGMH, service hours: 8:00am to 9:00pm, 7 days a week
- To Island Councils
- Email to email@example.com
- Viber message to 7291402
Once a completed application is received to NSPA, a decision will be informed to the applicant via SMS within 15 working days of submission of application form.