The Single Parent Allowance program is a targeted conditional cash transfer program implemented under the Social Protection Act (2/2014), providing financial support to vulnerable single parents caring for their children, so as to protect and improve the lives of the children and provide access to equal opportunities as other children in the society.
Eligible single parents registered in the program are paid a monthly allowance of MVR 1000 per child (below 18 years of age), up to a maximum of MVR 10,000.
Applying for the Allowance
- To apply, fill the Single Parent Allowance Program Application Form and submit the form along with the required documents to NSPA
- Application forms are available at NSPA’s counters and from island/atoll Councils. It can also be downloaded via NSPAs website.
- Where to submit the form:
- To NSPA Front Office (Ma. Dhonveli), during weekdays 8:00am to 2:00pm
- To NSPA Dispatch Counter at IGMH, service hours: 8:00am to 9:00pm, 7 days a week
- To Island Councils
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Viber message to 7291402
Once a completed application is received to NSPA, a decision will be informed to the applicant via SMS within 15 working days of submission of application form.