The Food Assistance Program is a targeted conditional cash transfer program implemented under the Social Protection Act (2/2014), providing financial support to vulnerable people to purchase staple foods. The financial assistance provided under this program is specifically to purchase Rice, Flour and Sugar
Eligible beneficiaries are paid a monthly allowance of MVR 40 per person and a maximum of MVR 240 per household.
Applying for the Allowance
- To apply, fill the Food Assistance Program Application Form and submit the form along with the required documents to NSPA
- Application forms are available at NSPA’s counters and from island/atoll Councils. It can also be downloaded via NSPAs website.
- Where to submit the form:
- To NSPA Front Office (Ma. Dhonveli), during weekdays 8:00am to 2:00pm
- To NSPA Dispatch Counter at IGMH, service hours: 8:00am to 9:00pm, 7 days a week
- To Island Councils
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Viber message to 7291402
Once a completed application is received to NSPA, a decision will be informed to the applicant via SMS within 15 working days of submission of application form.