Disability allowance was introduced under the law (8/2010) “The disability act of Maldives” clause number 14 and clause number 33. The main purpose of the aid is to protect and provide disabled citizens the same rights and opportunities as any other citizen.
Services Provided to disabled people by NSPA
1. Arrangement of assistive devices such as wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, shoes/slippers and hearing aid.
2. Providing assistance in carrying out psychological assessments.
1. Medical documents
2. ID card copy of the applicant.
3. ID card copy of the parent/guardian.
4. Bank account statement of the applicant or guardian.
How to apply?
Citizens who meet the requirements will have to submit the disability form with the related documents.
For additional information please contact 3005353/1402.